I do it because I believe in a better place.
I do it because I struggle with my own value.
In finding and expressing my authentic self, I find peace, love, understanding, and a path to live in an expanded way.
I think everyone wants this. Whether they are a writers, artists, musicians, cooks, mommies, or engineers. The profession doesn’t matter. It’s the internal drive to be the YOU you are meant to be.
I find that my characters struggle with these questions:
- How do I stand up for what I feel is right when others think I am wrong?
- How do I find the truth of who I am and what I’m supposed to be doing in this world?
- How do I balance what others want from me and what I need for myself?
- How do I know when I am completely, thoroughly, and authentically me?
- How do I get rid of the fears and limitations the exterior world puts on me so that I can freely express myself without caring about negative repercussion, judgment, belittlement, even abandonment or physical punishment;
- and if I did–if I found that courage–who would I be? What would I do? How would I do it? Would the world be a better place for this contribution of living in my truth?
This is what I want to talk about. Both in my stories and life. This is the discovery of not only me, but you. If we share our journeys–our struggles and triumphs–we gain strength to know we can find the path to our authentic selves.
What follows from living a life based on the truth of your own soul’s expression?
I believe if we are all living authentically – without fear, without shame, without guilt, without pressure to be something that we’re not – the world will be kinder and gentler. A place of peace, tolerance, understanding, beauty, and true unconditional love and acceptance. Maybe it’s just the romantic in me. Or maybe if we share authentically we will evolve into something more. I believe in that something more.
Do you feel the same? Have you found your WHY?
Are there stories, struggles, triumphs you could share to inspire others to find the truth within themselves? Write them. Draw them. Turn them into a tune. Talk them out with someone. Anyone. Just share. Post them. Pass them along. And expand the world around you with the truth of yourself.
Try this little exercise. Ask yourself the following question. You might be surprised at your answer. Are you ready? Here goes…
Why do YOU do what you do?
Email or comment with your answers. 😉